View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 07:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nixx

Unhappy fear revisited. advice please?

my boyfriend is now 1 month and 5 days clean and sober. he's an alcoholic and has been out of rehab for only about two and a half weeks now.
the other night he went out with some sober friends. they decided to go play pool for a bit, so of course, they went to a bar. needless to say, i was NOT happy about this. i'm trying to reestablish come trust here and going to a bar is not the way to do it. supposedly he didn't drink anything except diet coke. when i mentioned to him i was quite uncomfortable with him being in a bar this early in his recovery, he replied that a person could go to a bar and not drink anything. i simply find it too early in his recovery to be playing with fire.
last night he drove to visit me (he lives an hour away). when he got in to town he wanted to get something to eat, so where does he go? another bar. this time just to get some food. when he arrived at my house he seemed very hyper, smelled of too much cologne, and had eaten numerous altoids. it stuck me, due to the fact he used to do such things to cover the smell of the alcohol. i inquired about his trip then and a bit later, and some of the details changed slightly. this also struck me as odd. and it wasn't just me. some friend of mine were over. i didn't voice my concern them, but they sure expressed theirs' to me. their consensus was that he was drinking again.
i don't know what to do or say. the fear has resurfaced within me. any advice would be appreciated. thanks for reading.
-nixx