Thread: Suboxone saga
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 07:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

This all just makes me sick! Yeah, who has that kind of money laying around? Sure, when we were using, we managed to get the money, but most of the times it wasn't by legal and legitimate means.

I have been in a Methadone Maintenance Treatment Program for several years and with my medical issues, I more than likely will be on Methadone indefinately. With my DOC being opiates, taking any other pain meds isn't an option for me. The Addictionologist tried Suboxone with me, but there were no results. But this has lead me to wonder why there aren't Suboxone Clinics like Methadone Clinics? The Clinic I go to is state funded. It costs me a whole $5 a month! That cost just began when the Clinic began closing on weekends and everyone gets take home doses. This helps to cover the cost of the little individual bottles the doses are in. I have to shake my head, there are still some who complain about the $5 a month.

It's terrible that the Dr.'s and pharmaceutical companies can charge these ridicilous costs in order for people to stay clean and sober. There are many meds that I am on for my RA and Lupus that are outrageously priced. I am eternally grateful that some of the drug companies offer a certain amt of low income patients free medications. The one med I take, Humira, is by a bi weekly injection. The cash price per injection is $1,850.00 each! Yeah, let me roll up my pennies for this. There is no way in the world I would have been able to afford this.

I'll keep you and your son in my Prayers,
Judy