Old 03-13-2009, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

A few ideas from a self improvement conference.

Yesterday I went to a self improvement conference with a famous psychologist called Alfonso Ruiz.

He stated the usual stuff but it was great to be reminded that its all Truth, not something we say in order to feel better. It was great to be reminded the Laws of Life apply to EVERYBODY.

A few ideas that stuck:

- An event is an event. The meaning it has is given by the viewer. If you are not OK with the meaning you give something, you can zoom out, and approach it in a different way.

- The goal for each human being is to be at peace with her own biography. Unless this is achieved, no relation with a partner, family or society will be truly healthy. Unless you are at peace with EVERYTHING that has happened in your past.

- Only when two human beings are at peace with their own lives can they live love. Not only romantic love but be loving in every aspect of their lives.

- We are IMPORTANT. Every thing we do, every little decision, effort we put into something has impact in yourself and others. A satisfying life is to put your best in EVERYTHING you do. Everything.

- From 0 to 3 years (according to him) you have something called the Abandonment Imprint (sp?). Separation from the mother is a conflict each individual needs to close. Otherwise this abandonment will show in compulsive behaviors, without anything being enough to fulfill you, thus drinking, overeating, etc.

- What you are looking for is closer than you think.

- With clarity comes peace, and with peace, life is NOT difficult (it is complex, but that is different from "difficult").

There were two girls chatting infront of me and it was obviously distracting everyone around, but no one said anything. I "kindly" asked them to shut up. OK I would NEVER have done that, afraid of their disapproval, anger, bad vibes etc but I did, and I felt great and could enjoy the expert a little example of a boundary set... it felt great.

I wish I could give you more of the feeling during the conference, but it was great to see all kinds of people, many youngsters and generally a sense that we are all in this together, and if one person improves, all the others come along.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!