Old 03-12-2009, 04:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
I guess if I was looking for an excuse to drink I could always come up with one. But thankfully, AA wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and for once in my life something worked, I'd found a solution.
I can't tell you how many AA meetings I've walked out of only to head for the wine aisle. Why is AA this sacred cow that no one is allowed to disagree with? I quit smoking yesterday and after being told I was expected to go to these meetings the first thing I wanted was a cigarette. In fact, I might just walk to the store and buy some now as I am so angry. I don't want AA shoved down my throat by anyone. I don't want it. I went to my first meeting 32 freaking years ago. It's not for me. I am tired of people in AA constantly coming back at me with stuff like, it doesn't work if you don't work it and the other gazillion cliches. And the fact I can't even post in the secular forum without AAers coming in and attacking me REALLY irks me! Not you...I don't mean you. On this note, I am going to find the nearest store and light up a smoke.