View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
In a Tailspin

Not only are we neighbors, I think we're sharing the same boat, girlie!!

My xabf and I broke up 3 weeks ago. He won't be "officially" out of my house until 3/30, but he's staying at a friend's house out of town until then, so as of about 8 hours ago it's me and the dog and whatever we want to do........

We were together for 3 years, living together a little more than 2 of those. The problem of his drug use was present in our relationship at some level or another from 6 months in. But on some level, he was my best friend and my biggest fan........until he was my worst enemy and biggest frustration. Funny how it's so much easier to remember the good times now that it's over. But I am forcing myself to remember the bad too. No rose-colored glasses here. Yeah, the 15 months (and counting) that he's been unemployed of the 26 months we lived together. Excuse me, I clearly remember telling you that I wouldn't support you. So shame on you for expecting it.........and even more shame on me for not kicking your a$$ to the curb long ago.

But I have a plan.........we'll see how it works - - but don't we codies *always* have a plan?!? I work 7 days on call, which I am in the middle of now, followed by 7 days off call........and round and round. So I am happy to use work to keep me busy for the next several days. Then I plan to make plans. Lots of plans. Plans outside of the house (meeting up with friends, alanon meetings, taking the dog to the off-leash park.........) as well as plans inside the house. See, I have been too frustrated with him and depressed in general to clean up much around the house lately......especially because I refused to come home from work just to clean up after his couch-surfing all day. I am fully planning on washing that man right out of my house. Who needs spring cleaning when I can do newly-single cleaning? And the best part is, when I leave a clean house - - I'm now guaranteed to come home to a clean house!! I'm making of a list of all the tasks and chores I've wanted to accomplish but have been too bogged down with all his BS to tackle. I will do at least one thing every day - - and funny how once I make myself do one thing, suddenly I *want* to do more.

So that's my plan. I'll let ya know how it works out...........hope you can find a plan that works for you, too!!