View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hevyn
Community Greeter

Great answers, as usual. I'm one of those who tries way too hard to be liked, at the expense of sharing my true feelings, & that's not healthy or helpful. I'm way too inhibited, always mindful of being PC and non-confrontational. I'd never want anyone to be hurt by my words, so I go too far the other way. How dull this place would be, though, if there was never anything but agreement and patting each other on the back. We'd never get anything sorted out or resolved. I rarely become outraged by what I read here, and am always in awe of the many great minds we have working together for a common cause. Some of the insensitivity lately has been uncomfortable, but we can always back off for awhile 'til the smoke clears - as Dee pointed out. I've checked out a few other sites - and absolutely nothing can compare to SR. You've made me think, Nicki, maybe I should open up a bit more and be honest about how I really feel, & not be as concerned with saying what people want to hear. Thanks for this helpful share.