View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Astro
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by nickishine View Post
I care personally about the new, young, old, sobriety and not people here. I'm just on this side of the computer wondering why we feel we can treat others in such a fashion at times when we've been sick for so long ourselves???!
Well, I've been coming to SR for awhile, around 2 1/2 years. Sometimes often, sometimes I just lurk and read, other times I feel the need to post like crazy.

SR is much like the rooms of AA......It ain't exactly a hotbed of health, yes some are sicker than others (I include myself among the sick ones ) and most importantly......thank God we aren't all sick on the same day or it'd be absolute madness. Most days 1/2 of us are sick while the other 1/2 are the caretakers, then we switch off after awhile

I'm here to learn, to share, and to offer my experience, strength, and hope. Nothing more, nothing less. Most days I hear things that I don't care for, and I'm sure I share some useless garbage myself at times. I've got to have a strong backbone, I've got to let a lot roll off my shoulders, and at times I need to stuff a sock in my mouth and not say a word, lest I have to make an amends later on.

This is a public forum. We can take what we want and leave the rest lying on the floor. I joined SR because I thought it'd be a wonderful addition to my program of recovery in AA. It hasn't failed me yet, each day I'm grateful for the members who share here, I thank you all for your wisdom.