View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 03:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nickishine
It's time to change!

Opinions and feelings DO matter!

Where to begin????....

The last month I was on, I wanted to be raw and real here. I'm very blessed in the sense I had some people really reach out to me with "deaths" and grievances they were going through at the same time my "Noah's" birthday elapsed.

Within no time, because we are all a bunch of addicts/alkies with minimal time, no time, some time here.... it seemed as if the forum changed to very subjective conversation allowed.... in which I understand because it's designed as a "support forum" initially.

After viewing countless threads/responsies I realize that some truly are in more pain and/or sicker than others! We come from all over the world and have varying backgrounds.... no one amongst us is perfect and know the answers 100% -- however, have their opinions dominating and with a landslide affect -- good or bad.

Some threads and posts are deleted. Some are not but feel they should be and that's just my opinion and I'm not in charge -- nor desire to be.

Whether I be liked or not liked here, I do not care. I do feel that each person is entitled to their feelings, frustrations, pangs, etc.... In as much as the "replyer" has no hesitation in making his/her feelings known.. yet the thread bearer, if you will, can't and will be removed due to the affect it may have on a newcomer or first time viewer.

Very subjective here. I've rec'd alot of support, have given alot of support... but realize that there's some discrepancies in how the SR process goes with what is okay and what is not. I wish my heart wasn't visible like many... but it is.... Does that make me better or worse than you who "seemingly" have the world in the palm of your hand thru your acquired strength in sobriety?!

I care personally about the new, young, old, sobriety and not people here. I'm just on this side of the computer wondering why we feel we can treat others in such a fashion at times when we've been sick for so long ourselves???!

Very few will see this thread before it's deleted I'm sure. Think about it. That's all.

:ghug3