View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 10:47 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
bval

Originally Posted by antsinmypants View Post
Rocketdiver, I don't want to stop you from quitting the drugs. If you can then all the best to you. However, if you don't have the willpower have you thought about changing to Hydromorphone? It is a Morphine/Narcotic blend made to make the withdrawls easier once you are ready to get off them, the withdrawl only lasts a couple days. Also, it doesn't break down into Morphine and so it is virtually undetectable, and undetectable for all the FAA tests.

Of course I do not condone flying on unapproved medications, just giving an idea.
Ummmm ... WTF are you talking about, man?

Hydromorphone? That's called Dilaudid my friend. Which is easily as addictive as heroin, in fact, it's the friggin PINNACLE of opioid drugs, at least, one's that a person can get in the USA, and probably most of the rest of the world. Put it this way, if you put a bag of dilaudids and a bag of heroin in front of the average heroin addict, the majority of them will choose the bag of dilaudids and be slamming them, in a heartbeat.

And it isn't a 'morphine/narcotic' blend, it's a narcotic, derived from morphine, just like heroin and many other narcotics.

And it DAMN SURE wasn't ever 'made for making withdrawals easier'. In fact, dilaudid has absolutely some of THE WORST, most brutal and longest lasting withdrawals of any opioid out there, This is literally worse advice than telling someone they should switch to Heroin cause it'll make their w/d's easier.

Sheesh ...