View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 10:38 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
bval

Angelic, just want to straighten out a few points of fact here, no offense

1) Suboxone will keep an addict out of withdrawals for as long as they take it, not just for one week.
2) Not only does it stop the brain from 'feeling the effects of withdrawal', when you take it (except perhaps in the very beginning), you will not even be IN withdrawals, because buprenorphine (the active ingredient) is, in fact, an opioid drug.
3) It's no more contraindicated (i.e. inadvisable) to take buprenorphine 'with other meds' than it is to take any other opioid with other meds, in fact, less so. Nobody should consider this 'advice', okay, but the reality is ... there are very few meds which cannot be taken safely along with buprenorphine. This being said, obviously a doctor should be involved and s/he should know what all their patient is taking, no doubt about it.
4) Just because you tapered down and off of suboxone in the space of a week doesn't mean that it's a good plan for everyone, nor does it mean that anyone who does it this way is going to have easy sailing after only a one-week taper.

Not trying to pick on you Angelic, I think you're a sweetie, kay? But ... I've held my tongue with regards to things you've said about subs on quite a few occasions, and I'm taking this opportunity to just kinda clear the air on few things.