View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 04:40 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Nallabelle
Go Browns!

Hey if you have made it through Day 1 then congrats!
I have a few suggestions: (**I am not a doctor and I dont play one on TV so I am not giving you medical advice but merely making suggestions**)
First of all, I PERSONALLY dont see a problem with the valium/xanex but only if you are getting it through your doctor. However you have to be made aware of the withdrawals from those two medications if your body gets addicted to them. They are 10 fold the withdrawals of pain meds. Last longer too. So, if you can manage to take them only as needed and I mean REALLY only as needed during the withdrawals then you might be ok.
Heres some stuff that helps me with w/d as I seem to continuously relaps and continuously w/d: Gatorade, Melatonin (so you dont get dependent on the benzos), vitamins, bananas, lots of excersise (walk, run, ride a bike as much as you can force yourself to do), hot baths.
The main thing is trying to keep busy. You have to get through the first few days and then everything will get so much easier. Mentally though the best thing you can do for yourself is work on the mental part. You have to un-addict youself to the habit of taking the pills. Its incorporated into every aspect of your day. How are you going to unincorperate it? I recommend getting to NA meetings and changing anything in your life associated with drugs. Good luck and keep posting!

Lesley