View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
jali

Hi ladyB---my name is Jali. First off let me say you have my support---it is great that you have been sober for one week---you can do this---I do not have a computer at home or I'd check in on you----you might laugh, but today is my first day to be sober---I've been drunk every night for many, many years---a heavy drinker for some four decades but dead drunk every night for 15 years----today I had it---my wife and I have been separated for three years -----she now has entered into a separation agreement that spells out a settlement------my son, who is 15, has seen me drunk for his entire life----he loves me very, very much so is supportive of my sobriety------I have joined AA.
Thank your sons for anything good they have done for you at any time----maybe there can be reconciliation---------when I have been sober one week, I'm going to write you---by the by a Jali is the name given to a type of music from west Africa that I play on an instrument called a Kora---also have played guitar, banjo,. mandolin and sitar since the 1960's---I'm in your corner-----think great thoughts tonight--you're a good person or you would not be here---this will be a hard night for me----I've drank and played music every night since the late 60's-----here comes the first step toward a healthier lifestyle