View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
brownimr

Jealous of Callie

I feel so horrible. I have read Callie's post several times. I just get jealous of her situation. (- Sorry Callie I would think you consider your position less than enviable, but I still think it would be a big step up for me.)

All my AW got from treatment was a lot of feelings for a new boyfriend and a burning desire for a divorce. Although I know she attends IOP and hits 90 days next Thursday. I long for the open communication to reach an understanding about what each us want and need to recover. I struggle with losing her and the kids to this guys she met in treatment. What makes the AW stray during treatment? She is as obsessed with this guy and new relationship as she was with her DOC.

I know it is not my problem. I need to leave in a few minutes to make my Friday Al-anon meeting. I am moving forward slowly. I just keep coming back to why is she running away so hard. I think I am disturbed because the d choice was not mutual or even open for discussion. I can't see the relationship that she started in treatment lasting all that long, but she reminds me constantly that she loves him more than she ever did me and shares with me how she shows it to him. She still calls me 10 times a week about something stupid. I just let them all go to voicemail. I still haven't listened to most. When will that pink cloud evaporate or will it?

I just think I am going to miss that rainbow after all the storms I have weathered as well. I don't know how this was supposed to make me feel better.