View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 08:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Congrats on your decision to get Clean & Sober! Trust me, you are in for a life even more beautiful than you can ever imagine. Sure, it's tough in the beginning, I'm not going to lie to you, weekends especially.

Have you been to any Meetings? If not, this weekend would be the perfect time. If you've never been to one, rest assured that if you don't want to speak, you don't have to. You can do like a lot of us do, take the first seat as you walk through the do so you can skip out as soon as it's over! lol

Seriously, AA is so much more than the Meetings themselves. I have made so many friendships in AA that I would have never had the opportunity to meet these people if it weren't for AA. With spring and summer right around the corner, there are so many activities that AA has to keep you as busy as you want to be. Softball/baseball leagues, cookouts, bike runs, camping . . . all kinds of things to do without drinking or using dope.

Alot of us hang out here over the weekend. Just keep things simple, don't overwhelm yourself by saying that you aren't going to drink at all this weekend. This is where the One Day at A Time comes into play. When you get up Friday morning, just tell yourself that you aren't going to drink/drug that day. Same with Sat, Sun. . . .

I'm glad you found us, keep sharing as much as you are comfortable with and welcome to the SR Family!

God Bless,
Judy