View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 11:03 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
CAPTAINZING2000
Psalm 118:24

There's a lot of really great people on here I might not have ever got to know otherwise.

That being said, no one on here can tell you you're an alcoholic or not. The decision is yours alone. I tried for many years to con myself into thinking, I wasn't a drunk. I can still say, I'm not like the rest of you. But, I hate waking up in jail cells wondering where I am.

Lot of us have a different bottom in our lives. I feel very lucky, my bottom didn't have to go all the way down the shaft.

I've worked many years with functioning alcoholics. 2 guys were drunk every day at work. The other guy used to shake all day and light one cigarette after another. I never gave it much thought at a young age.

For the most part, not too many people venture on this site by accident. You either have a problem or, someone you love does.

For myself, alcohol never added a thing to my life. Cost me thousands of dollars, a marriage and worst of all, self respect for what I did while in my drunken blackouts.

I didn't drink every day either when, I was younger. But, at the very last of my drinking, my weekends met at Wed.