View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 04:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Ok, you found us now, that's what's important, right? And you realized what part of working the Program of AA you left out, Sponsorship. Don't beat yourself up, that's one of the biggest guarantees to send you right back out the door. Believe me, I learned that one the hard way. . . from experience.

I want to hopefully clear up some confusion here. On the 90 Meetings in 90 Days, AA suggests 90 Meetings in 90 Days. There are several good people on the AA Forum who can pretty much quote the Big Book to you or at least tell you where to find different things on different pages. Unfortunately, that's not me.

Some people can and do quit drinking without ever going to AA. If that works for them, great! For me, I had to go to AA, work the Steps, get a Sponsor, I did about 120 Meetings in 90 days because I had put a great deal of effort into using each day so I had to put even more into my Recovery. Through AA I found my HP, that's the area that I was lacking in for all those years that I was in and out of the Rooms.

Like you said, you realized that you have to work THE Program, not one of your own making. For those of us who choose to use AA as the primary form of support in our Recovery, leaving out one of the basics in the equation is like not putting any flour in a recipe for cake, in my opinion. Not meaning to sound sarcastic, just sharing how I felt when I left out finding my HP. It just didn't work!

Stick around, read, share as much as you are comfortable with and welcome to the SR Family!

God Bless,
Judy