View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ImagineMe

I Wish I Found This Board One Week Prior

Gosh I wish I had found a board this active one week sooner. I am obviously new to the board and new to the program. I actually stopped drinking on January 1, 2009 and even picked up my 30 day chip. Here is the rest of the story: I attended quite a few meetings, loved them, met tons of great people, read the Big Book with flourish, YET DID NOT GET SPONSOR.

So there I was with 60 days, I hit a rough spot, and had a glass of wine.
But with that glass of wine, I was shown a vision. A vision of how resentment WILL lead to a drink. And while I did not relaspe in a way that we see in the Big Book; you know the kind where the person drinks for days on end, I did see that my body does not handle it well. I ended up feeling awful with a headache.

I've always been the "stealth drinker." I drank wine, expensive wine. I used to only have 1 glass and then that turned into two, then three.
I decided to quite on Jan 1 because I had bad energy, felt bad on the mornings after I had wine, and just did not have any "zest" that I used to have. Plus the fact that I could not stay stopped for more than a few days.
Some alarm would go off in my head at 5:00 PM and I would crave a drink every evening; this signaled that something was very wrong to me.

When I return to Atlanta (I am in South Florida for business) I plan to march my butt back to the AA meetings and get a sponsor. I want to work the program right from the start and work it in a way that will get results.
To me, it is pretty obvious that I can't work some "kind" of program. I must work THE PROGRAM.

Thanks for listening. I am glad to be here.