View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 03:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kimmieh

Originally Posted by WorriedWoman View Post
He comes home 4.15 screaming on the phone, shut up shut up, I have a girlfriend and you should be glad I aint telling her about you, she'd punsh your face (which is kinda true I hate that stalker chick he has that is 21 and just a pita). I stand in the door when he comes in, and he tells her f u and throws the phone into the wall..
Im still quiet, he jmps up grabs the razor and twist it in two peices..

To me, there are quite a few red flags in what you write (to a large extent because I see myself and my frame of mind before I started looking into co-dependency more). But the ones I quoted stick out because I am extremely sensitive when it comes to anger. I find it worrisome when someone has the need to destroy something when s/he doesn't get his/her way. And to be honest, I don't buy this conversation with her. I am rather inclined to believe he staged that, but I might be paranoid.

I am the poster child of wanting to help men who have issues (depression, addiction, schizophrenia), especially when they tell me about their bad childhoods and ask me "why oh why do you stay with me?" Those men latched on to me and sucked me dry and I let them. Today I am thinking, what the hell, if you cannot understand why I stay with you, why should I???? If he realizes that much, he also has the mental ability to realize that he can help himself.

I am usually not this blunt, but this really does not sound good. Please don't do as I have with most of my relationships: try to rescue someone who is "worth fighting for" unless they are truly dedicated to helping themselves. I am learning the hard way, perhaps you can learn faster than me.

Take care!

2 11 months long relationships behind him and he's 34..
Oh yeah, this would make me very suspicious...