Old 02-27-2009, 09:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nickishine
It's time to change!

Well I'm just PO'd at how this meeting went down... all the way around for you!!! This is not AA in it's truest form and what a bad taste to leave in your mouth altogether!

They say you can take away the alcohol from the alcoholic.... but you're still left with the "alcoholic"... We are all just a bunch of sick people trying to get well, but COME ON... this experience is a little over the top for sure.

Are there any other mtgs you can go to? The "meeting" after the "meeting" - the party -sounds like it's not in the "right" place to me. Gee Wiz, I don't really know how to respond to this as I'm just a lil taken aback right now and feel ashamed at how AA has presented itself to you after all this time!

Please, please please... see if there's other mtgs you can go to. Other people who have some "time" and have what "you want" in recovery! Don't give up! Don't drink over it! Don't turn your power over to this situation!

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful to you. I am tired and was getting off of here for the night and then saw this thread. I had to respond, although maybe not the best person to post right now!

Please hang in there! YOUR life is more important than anything else!

:ghug3