View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
kurtrambis

Originally Posted by navysteve View Post
The Big Book has been re-written over and over and over again.
I was on about the first 160 odd pages by the way. This has not been rewritten merely edited.
AA History - Fourth Edition Changes to the BIG BOOK.

Maybe instead of trying to make a whole group of people who found a way that works for them bend their knee to your will
The effectiveness of AA is debatable. I have analysed many stats on AA. For a fair proportion (exact amount varies depending on which study you look at) of people its nothing more than a dummy pill. I don’t want anybody to bend to my knee. I’m just expressing my view which isn’t just my view but the view of many people who attend AA for the fellowship but often are too afraid to speak their mind and talk about other solutions. I think this is very unhealthy.

Any modern book on addiction, of which there are many far superior to the outdated BB, can not compete with the BB which is dragged along by the powerful fellowship indoctrinating very vulnerable people

If you don't like our solution, find another. Why would we change what works for us???? There are over 200 12 step fellowships
No I don’t like the BB solution and think its dangerous it made me more depressed and I relapsed. Do you expect me to be quiet about that?? I think for certain types of alcoholics its ideas are dangerous.