View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 11:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sassyk54

Majority of family are alcoholics

I dont know where to start. I am female age 54, my mother, my sister, my daughter, husband are all alcholics. My son is 26 and loves to drink and smoke pot. I am surrounded by all of this and have gone through so much up till now. Its too much to name. My daughter is married, with 3 of my grandchildren who i rarely see since they live in another state. My heart is empty. I feel so numb, and no place to run. How do you avoid half your family. My brother was a heroin addict. There is so much you would need to know in between that a few sentences hardly tells you the whole story. The main idea here is I cant handle much more of this. No one is willing to admit, go to class, which my daughter has in the past. My son also went thru the 12 step program, which i think he thought was a joke. I have a husband who basically drinks everyday., blames it on a hard day and a drink calms him. Thing is its not only beer he buys bottles of hard liquor. So im dealing with alot of temperments. It has me crazy. I feel so alone. Like no matter which way i turn i run into one of them with a problem. I do not drink, nor take drugs. My children never had to see me as they were growing up, I just did not partake in that activity so to speak.
Heres an example: Its late and im getting ready for bed and i see my daughter come online ... she sends a link for me to listen to.. its of a funeral march with music. She tells me to listen and says this is what i want.. I finally gather she is drinking, cause of the mood swings, and the feeling sorry for herself. I dont like to take what she says for granted but, she's done this on and off for attention many times. Its ashame a mother has to put her head down on the pillow tonight to think that as her last thought.
As i get some feedback in here i can go on with more of whats going on in my life. In the mean time.. What can i do? How do handle each situation when i have so many loved ones in my life that either has their head in the bottle of some sort of drug. My other brother, has COPD and smokes pot. Its so overwhelming at times, i wish i could just disappear.. Any advice?
Thank you for listening..