View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 09:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nickishine
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by jowinbo View Post
so they have decided to give me a drinking schedule, and i know many of you will not agree, but it just might work for me? i am allowed so many drinks on, such a nite, have to stay sober for groups and AA, etc?
Whoa...! I can't believe what I'm reading here, J! I guess this is for real but I cannot for the life of me believe they'd give you a drinking schedule!!! Hon, this is just NOT right!... and is totally BIZARRE!!!

I know that this may hurt your feelings or create unrest in you, but if you post a thread like this it's gonna open a lot of opinions from others that may have some thoughts that you're possibly going to disagree with. Sorry. This is insane because WE ALL go thru the extreme guilt and shameful feelings when we're hittin' the booze over and over again. That's the nature of the beast! To continue drinking when DRINKING IS THE SYMPTOM & KEY TO MANY OF YOUR PROBLEMS... is going to hurt YOU and will be playing a dangerous game with you. Forget sobriety until you give it up entirely!

These are just my opinions, J. I'm sorry if I've hurt you in any way. It's not you I find "insane" it's the people who suggested this to you and the INSANITY OF THE DRINK!!! Please re-consider your schedule.... Maybe think of a schedule like "Just for this hour, I will not drink".... "minute, second, etc"!

Hugs! :ghug3