View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 09:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by jowinbo View Post
well this is a new thought from my counselor at IOP?
i keep relasping, every time i do, i feel so shamed and worthless, and i never want to go back to IOP or AA?
but i have came back, time after time? after alot of encouragment from them!
my counselor, sorry )sp?) is at her wit's end, trying to help me? so they have decided to give me a drinking schedule, and i know many of you will not agree, but it just might work for me? i am allowed so many drinks on, such a nite, have to stay sober for groups and AA, etc?

it is like when i am on a diet, all i think about is food and i eat mre than normal?
i started drinking in my 20's and even tho my brother drank every other nite, i was the one that my family disowned because of my drinking? long story, lol
would like to hear your comments on this
ty so much, happy sober nite to all!

I'm not sure how that is supposed to work. Unless of course you're not an alcoholic. Could it be that what the counselor is trying to explain something to you and you misunderstood? Can recall words from AA, if you don't think you have a problem, try a little controlled drinking.

Bottom line, can't imagine any competent alcoholism counselor suggesting that you try to control your drinking as a method of achieving sobriety. The quicker the alcohol is completely out of your system the better off you'll be, assuming of course that you want to get sober. Good luck.