View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 11:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

OT - Robbers caught?

As most of you know, my restaurant has been robbed twice, last year. Our sister store, where my friend, Desirae (Des) works, was also robbed twice, both times, a few weeks before our store.

Her store was remodeled and had video cameras installed. Their 2nd robbery was about 2-3 weeks before our 2nd robbery. I just talked to her last night and they have gotten the guys who robbed their store. They have confessed to the robbery.

I worked at Des's store, before my relapse, so she and her coworkers are like family to me. In fact, Des and I were locked up together (just a little history). Anyway, Des and her coworkers always thought it was employees that did the robbery..."G" and his cousin Darryl. It was.

The camera caught enough of the car they were driving, and Atlanta PD has been looking for it. They finally caught them driving it, and somehow got them to confess. They are both on parole, and will be charged with a minimum of armed robbery, and whichever of them hit the manager in the mouth with the gun, will be charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. They will be going away for a long time.

There is strong suspicion that they are also the ones that robbed our store, as the MO fits. I don't see any way that it can be proven, though, as they wore halloween masks, gloves, drove a stolen van, and the gun that was left in our parking lot was a "throwaway". I don't see them volunteering this info, although Des said "G" was bragging, so maybe it will come out.

I'm thinking it was them. Either way, I'm grateful that my friends are getting justice.

We are still very cautious, at work, and have called the cops, a couple times, for "suspicous" people. They are very gracious, come quickly, and validated our concern. They have assured us, over and over, that they would rather us call them, and it not be anything, than to not be called, and it be something.

The robberies began in Nov. 2007. Justice may take a while, but it does happen.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy