OT - Robbers caught?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT - Robbers caught?

As most of you know, my restaurant has been robbed twice, last year. Our sister store, where my friend, Desirae (Des) works, was also robbed twice, both times, a few weeks before our store.

Her store was remodeled and had video cameras installed. Their 2nd robbery was about 2-3 weeks before our 2nd robbery. I just talked to her last night and they have gotten the guys who robbed their store. They have confessed to the robbery.

I worked at Des's store, before my relapse, so she and her coworkers are like family to me. In fact, Des and I were locked up together (just a little history). Anyway, Des and her coworkers always thought it was employees that did the robbery..."G" and his cousin Darryl. It was.

The camera caught enough of the car they were driving, and Atlanta PD has been looking for it. They finally caught them driving it, and somehow got them to confess. They are both on parole, and will be charged with a minimum of armed robbery, and whichever of them hit the manager in the mouth with the gun, will be charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. They will be going away for a long time.

There is strong suspicion that they are also the ones that robbed our store, as the MO fits. I don't see any way that it can be proven, though, as they wore halloween masks, gloves, drove a stolen van, and the gun that was left in our parking lot was a "throwaway". I don't see them volunteering this info, although Des said "G" was bragging, so maybe it will come out.

I'm thinking it was them. Either way, I'm grateful that my friends are getting justice.

We are still very cautious, at work, and have called the cops, a couple times, for "suspicous" people. They are very gracious, come quickly, and validated our concern. They have assured us, over and over, that they would rather us call them, and it not be anything, than to not be called, and it be something.

The robberies began in Nov. 2007. Justice may take a while, but it does happen.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-23-2009, 01:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah Amy! I'm so glad they were caught! We've had alot of robberies in our area due to the economy.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

What a relief, Amy! I'm glad and hope that it will bring everyone a bit of peace of mind...
Hugs, HG
Old 02-23-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

oh good, I hope it allows you to feel better at work.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you and your coworkers. What a relief!
Old 02-23-2009, 04:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Super!!! I am glad they are caught and no one was hurt badly.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

maybe they can find a cure for themselves while they are gone. you are all blessed that no one was hurt. maybe now u can rest. hugs,
Old 02-23-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I'm happy to hear this news. I wouldn't go ruling out the chance of one of them confessing. You know, the cops are very good at getting one of the criminals to turn on the other for a plea bargain. You know they're going to want to figure out which one hit the manager in the mouth with the gun. And the cops and prosecutors love to close the books on things as it makes them look like they are really doing their jobs.

Hugs,
Judy
Old 02-23-2009, 06:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

That's Great News!!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hey big sis, that is awsome to hear..............I sware if I could talk I would call you.............love ya going back to bed now

Love and hugs,
Pamm and Edward
Old 02-24-2009, 02:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well, I just found out a shocker. I found out the one guy's last name, pulled up his jail record from the county, and saw that he has 40 counts....three are MURDER?

I googled his name, and found out that the day after we were robbed, he was leading a gang and beat three teens to death, who were trying to leave the gang. He is also charged with cruelty to animals, and you know how I am about furbabies..that just makes me sick.

Needles to say, I am quite shaken. He has been in jail since 10/15 and he will stay there for a long, long time. It doesn't even show the charges for the robbery. I found out, tonight, that it was his girlfriend, who spilled the beans.

I am very, very grateful that my friends and I are alive. He was the gang leader. However, I also have a few other emotions swirling around in my head, like a tornado...fear (will I ever feel safe again?)..anger (the SOB's took away a big part of my sense of security) and a few other feelings I haven't even identified yet.

I'm okay, though, and have tonight off, so will just sleep, and hang around SR when I'm awake It's always been the perfect cure for what ails me!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-24-2009, 04:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm so glad that they got him off our streets Amy. Just be thankful that your HP was watching out for you that night didnt get hurt worse. Dont let your imagination get the best of you. I have been meaning to mention to you that there is a small clinic next to my son's rehab that handles this type of thing. Its pretty close to you and its not real fancy (just an office in an old house) which leads me to believe it might be affordable. Do you want me to get the name of it for you?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

((Winnie)) - yes, I would. I've been thinking of checking into the victim's assistance thing that Laurie mentioned, too, as workman's comp doesn't "deal" with this stuff.

I keep thinking that this is the same guy who hit me...he's the shorter of the 3. I knew him...he was a server at Desirae's restaurant.

I'm trying not to let my imagination go wild, but to think that someone pistol-whipped you one morning, and killed 3 kids (they were 15-17 years old) 24 hours later? Sorry, but that's pretty scary.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-24-2009, 08:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Amy, you are still here (thank God) and no matter how much you let your imagination run another scenario it wont change that fact.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks (((Winnie))). I know you're right. I'm staying focused on the fact that my coworkers and I are alive, and this guy will not be able to hurt anyone else.

I told dad about it, and he's pretty upset about it, too...especially since the kids that were killed were only trying to get out of the gang. He thinks the guy should get the death penalty, and it's a good possibility.

I'm doing much better...have slept a good part of the day, and hung out on SR, when I'm awake

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-25-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Amy,
I am thankful that you are alive.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

:ghug3