View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 07:07 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
winnie12

My AS thinks that the sober life is boring too. This summer i sent him to diabetes camp - his judge actually court ordered it so he had to go. He hated it all of course, all these people were stupid and boring but while there he got to do some repelling, white water canoeing, rock climbing and other sports. He really like it - I think it was that same kind of adrenaline rush. There are other things in life that are exciting but not so damaging of our personal lives - you just need to find other things in your life that are enjoyable. When my son gets out of rehab he's going to go stay with my brother down in florida for a few weeks. My brother is the best man i know, very responsible, but has always loved extreme sports and is always off on some adventure. It drove my poor mom crazy when he was younger but its who he is and he does put safety first. He's going to show my son another side of life - one that is full of excitement but doesnt revolve around drugs.

I'm not saying you should start jumping out of planes or anything crazy just open up your mind to other wonderful experiences in life.