View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 10:36 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by serenityqueen View Post
Good idea, Katie. Staying away from this guy is a very good idea!

When we're using, our lives were chaotic and at times just down right crazy. When we get clean, at times it can seem very boring because we're used to the insanity of it all. The important thing is to find healthy things to fill this void. You can still have a lot of excitement, just make sure they are healthy things.

Sounds like you are on your way! It's usually a good idea to follow that gut feeling that we get when certain situations first arise. I'm sure you had some red flags waving concerning this guy when these things first started happening.

Keep it simple, One Day at A Time and remember, you do deserve to be around healthy people in healthy places!

Hugs,
Judy
:ghug2
Thanks, Judy. I think you hit the nail on the head. Sobriety does seem very boring to me. I am hoping that these new drugs from my shrink are going to allow me to enjoy the simple pleasures in life, which I find boring. There is an element of excitment and danger in approaching people who are dangerous. It makes me feel, feel something other than what I feel as the boredom of sobriety. It also allows me to look at someone else's stuff and escape from having to look at my own. This is probably why I've had a hard time being with any normal man.

I do believe my job is to just accept things as they are and take it one day at a time. Tonight I was depressed sitting in that meeting thinking this is my lot in life...a series of AA meetings I don't like or sitting home alone drinking or getting involved in dangerous situations. This is BAD thinking. I know there are a world of possibilities out there but I am so accustomed to being in AA - struggling - not in AA - drinking. Thank God I rarely venture into the realm of "relationships." Anyway, I am rambling. I did think about a drink tonight, but chose instead to take a Lunesta and wait for it to work. Typing helps me pass the time and keeps my mind off booze and getting myself in trouble. Thanks for your most thoughtful post. If anyone is sick of my posting, just turn me on ignore, K?