View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 02:42 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
Katie...honestly I think many of the people who have responded to your threads want to see you get better…we want you to recover.
I know you all do and I have been a mess lately. But I am not giving up the fight. I have so appreciated all of the input in this forum. The last thing I want to do is to not seem like I do. And even though there were some things in this thread I did not want to read, I feel like some sense was knocked into my head.

The other night I felt like I was looking into a mirror - looking at someone who is addicted and it was painful. I wonder how many people have looked at me like that. I wonder how many people have just walked away from me shaking their heads in disgust.

I can appreciate the pain of those who have friends and family who are addicts and post in this forum. It is horrible. Even though I am one, I can still appreciate the pain of watching someone else in active addiction. It must look like we have no regard for others. And I'll shut up now, as I have to go to the pharmacy and then to AA. BIG group hug.