View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Katie)))

To answer your original question, you can be charged with "being present where drugs are used, kept or sold"...been there, done that, a few times.

I'm a recovering crack addict, so obviously I wouldn't allow anyone with crack even NEAR me. However, I don't allow anyone to bring recreational drugs around me.

FWIW, I was abusing pain pills..had never touched crack, was terrified of it because, as an RN, I had seen people DIE from it. I hooked up with a guy from AA, who smoked it, but had a few weeks clean. He moved in, within a few weeks was smoking it. Another few weeks, he had me so stressed out, I decided to try it. Two days later, I did something stupid that led to a criminal charge and the loss of my nursing license and my spiral into crack addiction. I'm not saying you will follow my path, just telling you my story.

I take my recovery seriously and I expect other people to respect that. I can't control what people do in their home, or car, but I can control what they do in MY home or car.

I do believe, that as a recovering addict, I should reach out to help another addict who wants help. However, if someone is smoking crack, they are not reaching out for help. When I was still smoking...help was the farthest thing from my mind. All you can think about is getting MORE crack.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy