View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 11:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
cessy68

Katie,

I have an abf who is a 'functioning addict'- I am not an addict- and I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER allow him to bring drugs into my home. EVER. Period. I don't know how one who dosen't do drugs would allow this..........

People here on this site, do sometimes say things that aren't easy to hear. Sometimes I get very angry.... because they don't seem to support my feelings, when I say how I hurt, how it's hard for me to make changes in my relationshp.....(but I do take the words, process them - and understand that they ARE speaking from experience)

What kind of SUPPORT did you expect here? DId you really think people who are suffering from dealing with addicts in their life to say...."hey katie, you may or may not get arressted from letting someone smoke crack in your house. But hey, if you do, let us know how handcuffs feel around your wrist? Or hey, if you have people doing drugs in your home, let us know if you end up like our loved ones..... sick, miserable, and causing their loved ones tons of pain...."

I don't understand how you wanted 'support' on that.

Perhaps if you said, that someone brought drugs in your home- and you were devestated, and wanted to know how to handle that situation- you would have had 'more support' here....

Just a hint.

P.s.... I hope that you don't go down that road, I hope you talk this over with your supportive doctors and therapist, and they could tell you in a way that you will be able to comprehend, that it is NOT the thing to do, or have in your home.

Take care,
Cessy