View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 05:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
jaguarpcb
Getting better every day!

Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!I believe you are onto something very powerful, life changing and good! keep paying attention!!
Thanks EA......I'm feeling really really good about it, like now I can actually look at those 12 steps and know what HP means to me, and now the 12 steps make more sense.

For the purposes of full disclosure, F&F forum meet my husband:

Originally Posted by Strangef8 View Post
Sometimes you gotta stop and smell the roses, lol. Right?
Yeah, but there's more than that....and as clear as it all was in my head when I wrote the post, I'm having a hard time trying to explain it now, lol.

I wasn't just not smelling the roses, I was trying to dictate where the roses were and what they smelled like....it's not my place to dictate any of that, life happens the way it happens, and the best way I can live is to accept that and look for the things that come my way that can help make my life better.

I've heard a lot of people, both in alanon and out, say things about how much their life improved when they turned it over to God or HP. For me that means surrendering to the fact that life happens the way it happens and I can't dictate it anymore (never really could, but I sure tried)....and if I give up trying to dictate it, then I'll be open to noticing and accepting all the blessings that have always been around me.

:ghug3