Old 02-18-2009, 06:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lizw
God's Kid

I'm 10 years sober and I go through phases with my work life and letting god in, however that being said I am only 31 and got sober just prior to my 21 birthday in AA.

My 2 approaches tend to consist of

1. I stay in jobs I friggin hate, because I am too scared to go and look for something else and assume it must be God's will for me, cause nothing else is happening

2. I dramatically annouce my resignation and leave in the same kind of fashion, feeling noble and like I am doing God's will but blame my employer for being a fckr.

I would not recommend either of these approaches and I don't think they are good examples of 'emotional soberity'. In saying that five years ago I couldn't have even explained that was what I did though, so I am getting better, even if it has taken awhile.

I think the middle road is the key and being willing to take responsibility for your own choices, whatever you decide. And if you decide wrong, then you can always make another decision eh?

Right now I am working doing something I love but I have to be very careful not to get all crazy about it. It sometimes sneaks up on me.