View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 05:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
sillysquirrel

Originally Posted by brundle View Post
I think as people we need to be growing and changing for the better. Reaching and having purpose of some sort or we end up like some stagnant (sp?) pond... just sitting around taking up space... stinking and dieing; drawing flies and bugging others...sorry if I sound kind of mean... I'm just sick of the addicts in my life...
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. I am trying not to worry about AH and his problems anymore, but I am not there yet. I find myself getting quite angry at his downward spiral. I, too, agree that we should always be growing and changing "for the better". I know that I have changed and I know I have my flaws, but overall I think I am a much more responsible, mature adult than I was years ago. I would like to think that I have developed an understanding of others over the years and have just basically grown as a person for the better. This whole outlook on life that AH has is just depressing. I am very thankful for this site and how it has opened my eyes to so many things. Now, if only I could quit trying to MAKE him see things my way and just accept that he is what he is, as depressing as it is.