Old 02-18-2009, 04:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ralph9898

Originally Posted by sugErspun View Post
Putting your life into the hands of this "power" is really giving up on running the show yourself - so like a prisoner who has "surrendered" you are gonna end up where you end up.

I don't know if you'll get financially secure - but I do know that if you can go into this "knowing" that whatever is in store for you is better than what "you" have planned for you - things will be good.

This is almost always seen in retrospect.

all the best on your journey.
I think this is the key to success in everything in life, including overcoming addictions, having satisfying relationships, sufficient finances, etc. It is having faith that the Higher Power (which I believe is inside of us instead of up in space), will take care of us if we let It.

The areas in my life where I am successful are areas where I have just "gone with the flow" and have not complained or tried too hard. The areas in my life where I am not successful are the areas where I have tried way too hard, decided it was my way or no way, have prayed prayers of desperation, have been ungrateful, have complained, and have a generally negative attitude and outlook. That's my experience.

I don't see this as giving up control to a third party. That makes it seem like success in your life is only possible with a divine miracle by a third party, and that we don't have any control or responsibility for our own selves. I believe that the power of God to overcome obstacles and flourish is built into Me! I just need to tap into that power and let It guide me. So I am still the master of My own destiny, and I can achieve greatness through Me. But it is the power of God inside of Me that causes this, and so if I am true to My self I will shine. I am made in the image and likeness of God. I think that's what people mean when they say to follow your heart.