Old 02-18-2009, 06:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lovemykids

Grrrrrrrr, I am so ticked at the nurse from Rehab

My 17 yr olds nurse from Rehab called me today. She was sooooooo rude to me I was floored. She kept repeating herself to me.

She told me that she needed my daughters medical summary from her dr. from over the past few years and that she should have had that before she was even admitted to the rehab center. I told her that we were not aware of that nor were we told. She wanted to know who the box that we sent yesterday was addressed to because our daughter needed her pills and only had enough until Sunday. I told her that I wasn't sure, my husband sent off the package yesterday after he dropped me off at work but it was probably in our daughters name.

She then started to repeat everything all over again and sounded very aggitated.

I finally said "Whoa!" I feel like I am being attacked here!" Then I said, First of all as I told you noone mentioned any of this to us about her needing a dr. summary, I think that we did pretty good as we found out Sunday night she was on drugs, Monday morning I had an appointment for her and Tuesday morning she went to be assessed by the man in charge at rehab which is a little over 3 hours away drive. Friday she was admitted to rehab.

It was like she was blaming us for our daughters drug problem, at least that is how I felt, maybe it is just the guilt that I can't get rid of that made me feel that way I don't know but she was very unproffessional.

anyhow, had to vent. I am still in shock over everything, still having crying periods then anger etc.....

She never even apologized for her poor behavior. I said to her at the end of our conversation that I will be calling the man in charge because I really did feel like I was being attacked.