Old 02-16-2009, 11:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

hi drained!!

i am sorry to hear that... but then it reaffirms your great decision on distancing yourself from this girl.

my exAH also talked about intimate stuff with all his male friends who "happened" to be "our" common friends at work... you can imagine how vulnerable and deceited i felt. some of the friends tried to cover for him while others told me he talked so much... i believe the last is true.

its the thing with active alcoholics. their pain just cannot be drowned as much as they drink. it comes out as hurting words and acts. and sometimes they are like that sober, too, as i am painfully learning. so not even an excuse to say "i was drunk and did not mean it at all".

once my ex said I was a coward... (sober he said I was brave...go figure) and well, it struck me today: he said that and hurt me.. why? because he considers HIMSELF a coward!! and I moved something in him that reminded him of that..so there it goes..and I the codie believing that crap. when ppl badmouth they are saying what they think of themselves. its true.

anyhow, dear from your posts i can see a lot of good traits, so if someone is blind to them, well your very valuable time needs to be spent with people that DO know you and would never talk that way about you.