real friends told me what happened that weekend.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No Codie No More.

real friends told me what happened that weekend.

well if anyone knows my posts they know that I wrote about a friday night where Alkie X friend went to do coke and brought me along.

well we were hanging at the university around here in NYC, it was me, two guys and 2 girls.we just met them, she knew one guy..

the long story short.. I had him on facebook, asked him about poker since we're avid players and he started telling me that she talked bad about me and just wanted me to know.. told me what she said but he said she was so drunk but just wanted me to hear it and everyone else thought she was stupid and immature and thought she was annoying.

kind of shocked to what went on considering her behavior towards me..

I guess this is what to expect from alcoholics.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

hi drained!!

i am sorry to hear that... but then it reaffirms your great decision on distancing yourself from this girl.

my exAH also talked about intimate stuff with all his male friends who "happened" to be "our" common friends at work... you can imagine how vulnerable and deceited i felt. some of the friends tried to cover for him while others told me he talked so much... i believe the last is true.

its the thing with active alcoholics. their pain just cannot be drowned as much as they drink. it comes out as hurting words and acts. and sometimes they are like that sober, too, as i am painfully learning. so not even an excuse to say "i was drunk and did not mean it at all".

once my ex said I was a coward... (sober he said I was brave...go figure) and well, it struck me today: he said that and hurt me.. why? because he considers HIMSELF a coward!! and I moved something in him that reminded him of that..so there it goes..and I the codie believing that crap. when ppl badmouth they are saying what they think of themselves. its true.

anyhow, dear from your posts i can see a lot of good traits, so if someone is blind to them, well your very valuable time needs to be spent with people that DO know you and would never talk that way about you.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No Codie No More.

she does tend to say stuff like that as you described.. she isnt even that nice when shes sober. I guess she really needs to fix herself. not my problem at the moment.

she said her parents like me, her friend since she was 14 told me her father he likes me.. (the story of me coming into play is about a recent alcoholic issue) kind of odd. her mother told me that all the good people get tired of this and leave and only the scumbags stay.

looks like I attract all the good people and she gets the undesirables. what I also found out is the "couple" that wouldn't let her go home is the woman supports him for everything and he uses her but he said(good male friend) she doesnt care about money.

I think I'll feel better since I won't feel sorry for her.

I'm finishing up my Economics Degree at college, might go get a MA or goto Finance.. the distributor at where I currently work said just to give him my resume for a sales position..

I got a good sense about people.. btw the guy who told me, his xgf (he is in australia right now) is a christian now. guess I was right.. I told her I didn't see her as what she did (mostly drugs but looked as if it was just a youth thing). I guess my codie habits appeared then.