View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
NeedingHelp7

Both must be present to sign paperwork and provide valid ID prior to completing tax return.
Yes, this is the way it's suppose to be done. He went behind my back filed and signed my name illegally to a filing I never saw, and had it go into an account of his.

#1 this would have never happened had I been present. I have only in years past go to our tax prof, file with both present, and both signing, and agreeing to a check coming in both names. Then meeting at my CU to cash refund check and divide there at the teller, with written signatures of both of what we each received and divided. I'm not stupid. This being the only safe way with a husband like mine.

I found out he filed on the 3rd, the money was in his account on the 13th. 10 days, that fast, unbelievable. The thing is, is I don't know why the IRS wasn't picking up on it even Tues the 10th. I didn't know the day he had filed. They were still showing nothing under my name nor SS#, so at this point I thought maybe he filed under another filing status, which I told them would be illegal because if he's claimed son as a dep, and claimed the earned income credit, son is with me, so he couldn't do that either. But sure enough...he filed MJ.

He called yesterday, I didn't pick up. He left a message that he would like to meet and "square things up" with me (addict speech????). That he will show me all paperwork that needs to be shown. That he is at the hospital, and won't be visiting with son. He was just at the hospital the previous Friday and missed last Sat visit also (trying to play on my sympathies, and cover for himself as sick???) But I will not be meeting him anywhere.

This man, whom I am ashamed to be married to, is SHREWD!!!!! What he has done has got to be illegal!!!!

I am eagerly awaiting a call tomorrow for help with what action to take. It's been a long painful few weeks.

NH7

Japioca, my state is an "equitable distribution" state.

Japioca, does the transcript show everything including what account # the moneys went into?