View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
shanman422

Thank God it was only a dream!

I'm sure many of you have had drinking dreams while your in recovery?! I usually remember my dreams right when I wake up and I used to have lots of bad ones. I must have jinx myself because a few days ago... I said to my Mother that I hadn't had any bad dreams lately about drinking, using , nor running from someone or something.

The last few nights I have had many. I have been sober for 119 days today, but in my dream I had gotten angry about something and decided to drink. (which in my drinking days, was something i did often... i would of course get mad at the littlest things to clarify to myself why I was drinking)
Once I realized what I did (in my dream) , I was so upset with myelf and couldn't stop crying. I stopped immediately, but quickly realized I had to start over at 1 day. I guess I really take pride in how far I've come and I was so disappointed in myself for giving into temptation. Fortunately it was a dream and I was so thankful when I woke up!

I have heard many times that your dreams reflect in some ways how you are feeling about something. Of course the person that I am is trying to analyze it and figure out what it means. I am very confident that I will not pick up a drink today, or in the near future.

I'm not getting this one for some reason. So for now... i guess I will just be thankful it was a dream and go on with my day... haha. But if anyone has any thoughts, I am curious to hear!

Happy Monday!

Shannon