View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Needing help))

As a Tax Professional - it breaks my heart to tell you that we have men and women that come in our office ALL the time that this has happened. Which is why our office refuses to allow one spouse to sign for another. Both must be present to sign paperwork and provide valid ID prior to completing tax return.

You have been given some very good suggestions on different actions to take as far as what you can do - another thing that will come into play in this situation is if you live in a community property state. That sometimes affects things differently too.

I can relate to your fear, anger and resentment - but I do want to give you this calm reassurance that has been given to me as I am going thru some very difficult times in my divorce with my soon to be ex A.

Remember -your A is not in control. Ultimately the IRS is not even in control - The God of your understanding is in control. Absolutely nothing surprise your HP - He knew this was coming and has a plan - we can trust in our HP's guidance, comfort and strength that we will be able to make it thru this.

HUGS, (hope, unity, gratitude and serenity)
Rita