View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sunshine787

Dont know what to do...?

Hi everyone, I'm new to this website and need help in dealing with my boyfriend..

My boyfriend and I have been dating now for about 4 years, we've lived together a couple of times but i moved back home because i was starting college. Anyways, we've decided to move back out together and now that i live with him i noticed he drinks a lot, and he's been drinking a lot of a couple of years now, but i guess im in denial about it...he hangs out with the wrong group of people and all he does is drink and spend money, and if i call him to ask him when he will be home and whats going on, i usually get yelled at for being to protective and "its my life" and such...he's blown off doing something with my family because he's been drinking the night before and wants to sleep. He has a family history of alchol abuse and i feel that hes just following down the same path, he drinks pretty much every weekend, but when hes not drinking hes nice to me and we get along perfectly...hes had two DUI's in the past (two days apart..while i was away on a family trip) and i'm confused, lost, and not too sure on what to do... any advice would be greatly appreciated...thank you!