View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 09:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NeedingHelp7

I Am Shocked! I Am Angry!

AH pulled a huge dozie this time. I'm am so angry!!

We were to meet at our tax preparer Tues before last to file taxes, married jointly, he agreed he would get half and I get half. The morning of that day I got a text saying he wasn't coming to the appt., and that he was filing taxes himself and had already done so!! (shock!!!)

I texted him back telling him he can't do that without me!! He can't legally do that!!

He texted back saying yes he can.

I showed to the appt any way and told my tax preparer (who has been preparing our taxes for years) what he has done.
Him and his wife looked in shock as I was. They said he came in the previous day (Mon), and wanted a copy of 2007 filing papers. They took me privately aside and told me they couldn't understand a word he was saying, he was slurring. He said to them he would see them Tues as he was leaving!!
I told them he was probably using because he talked with son on the phone Sun and was talking the same way.

So what to do? I go home call the IRS tell them he's filed somewhere somehow, and I don't know how. They looked to see if anything had been filed under my name and SS #. They said nothing, and to call back in a week.
I call back this past Tues. Still nothing filed under my name. So I'm thinking what the heck is he doing? I can't get info on him due to disclosure laws.

I call him screaming asking how he has filed, where he's filed. He says he has filed MJ, electronically, online with the help of a friend of a friend. (Great answer huh?) I said you can't do that without my presence or signature!!!!!!! I told him I want copies of everything he has done!!! Of course I didn't get anything

Today I get a text from him saying "blank" amount came into HIS checking account today. So now I call the IRS, and low and behold he did file this way without my signature. FRAUD!! He's asking me via text if I want half, but he says he has no paperwork. I am livid at this point. I don't respond to his texts. I call the IRS again and again, telling them he's filed without my signature, without my authorization without my presence. I can't morally or legally accept 1/2 of money for something I haven't legally seen nor signed. They told me it looks like what he's done is file electronically and generated a pin # for me as well as himself. When filing jointly both spouses are to have thier OWN pin # for signature verification.

So he has all this money in his account, and I can't accept what should be my half because he filed without me, and basically forged my name to a filing I never saw.

And he's an addict with that amount in the bank! God help!

(The years prior we would file together through our honest tax preparer, both sign for it, and it would come back in a check with both our names and we cash it together and divide it at the bank). How he got it to go into his checking account is another mystery.

The IRS is sending me a Fraud and Abuse form to fill out.

And the IRS is sending me a transcript of what HE filed, and I'm going from there to get legal help.

God help!!!! I have been in so much emotional pain over this!! But I know Righteousness, and my God will prevail.

NH7