Thread: She's in rehab
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 05:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LarryATL

HI Spiked. I was exactly where you are, a bit over two years ago. Wife finally agreed to go to a 28 day inpatient rehab facility. I thought all would be well from that point on....

Well she stayed for the 28 days but drank again within 72 hours of coming home. So that part of the story certainly did not play out the way I had hoped.

More importantly, while she was gone I started to go to Alanon meetings and I also got some personal counseling. I did not continue with the personal therapist but I have become a very grateful member of Alanon and have religiously attended meetings. It has been a lifesaver for me.

I guess what I am suggesting is that you use this time to begin to heal yourself, get help for yourself. You've got a long journey ahead of yourself and we cannot be sure where that journey leads. But I was able to use the time my wife was away to establish a foundation of recovery for me that was critical, especially given that my wife did not continue her recovery and is not in any kind of program now.

Oh and I would do the laundry.... but that's just me.

Larry