Thread: She's in rehab
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Should I leave the house as she left it? Should I let her deal with the mess that she made? Or should I clean it and bring it back the way it used to be? Some of it is so bad, that I need to clean it for my own sake. Maybe I'll leave some of it for her, like the mess she made of her laundry/clothes/closets. 28 days to figure it out!
First, 28 days is just the TIP OF THE ICE BERG. For her sake, I hope she is 1) serious about wanting recovery and 2) if she is that she looks into a Sober Living Home.

After 28 days you will have a human body with nerves that are TOTALLY ON EDGE, with a head full of MUSH and FOG.

As to what you do. Anvil said it real well. Find some AlAnon meetings in your area, start attending, start working on you, to figure out what YOU want out of life, what YOUR BOUNDARIES are, what you will live with and what you won't.

Oh, and not to burst your bubble, honest, but she may not stay the 28 days. She may decide she is 'all better' after a week or two. Alcoholics are not predictable as you already know, and it does carry over into recovery.

I think by the time I reached my First Anniversary I was finally making some sense, once in a while when I opened my mouth to speak.

So, please read all the 'stickys.' Check out other posts, and please keep posting and let us know how YOU are doing as we do care very much.

Love and hugs,