Thread: She's in rehab
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
spikedaball

She's in rehab

15 months after 5 days in detox, 8 months of relapse, many months of counseling, and many threats of me leaving, my alcoholic wife finally consented to enter a residential treatment facility. I dropped her off on Monday. She was shaking so badly from withdrawal when we arrived at the facility, they had to put her in a wheelchair because she couldn't walk. Right now, she is undergoing detox and then a therapy/counseling and treatment. In 28 days she will be back. In the meatime, I have 28 days of not worrying about what that sound was, was that her falling down again? 28 days of "relaxing". What is going to happen after the 28 days???I have 28 days to figure it out. Should I leave the house as she left it? Should I let her deal with the mess that she made? Or should I clean it and bring it back the way it used to be? Some of it is so bad, that I need to clean it for my own sake. Maybe I'll leave some of it for her, like the mess she made of her laundry/clothes/closets. 28 days to figure it out!