View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 12:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bard
A new dawn and new chapter

Breaking the news to everybody

Tomorrow is my 60th day sober. Since then I've become a bit of a recluse and not really talking to anyone but family but not even they know I've been on the wagon. As far as they're concerned it's "business as usual' with me. I've told them so many times over the last couple years I was quitting just to fall of the wagon a few days or weeks later. And now I want to show them that I'm really serious about it and making the changes in my life. Even so knowing them they'll just give me the equivalent of a pat on the back and a "nice job...so anyway.." and leave it at that. But as far as my few friends I have they're probably wondering where I've vanished to and I feel I owe it to them to tell them why I've been gone for a while. They're good people, party and like to drink but they've been cool with me and one of them is crazy enough go to metal shows with me, which usualy involves drinking at. I'm probably the only one who is making a big deal out of this but how do you break it to them? Really they probably wont care to much but it makes me nervous getting back around them where I know there will be temptations at.