View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lunarise
lunarlovelunar

Question Indecisiveness.....what does it mean?

I bring this up because many times I have found myself sitting on the fence about something. Sometimes its something very important. I find fence sitting in such an instance to be very irritating and confusing. So where does it come from? Indecisiveness What does it mean? Any thoughts,? Im curious.

Here are some things I found online

"When there are really tough choices, then, many people can never make up their minds and tend to keep that issue lingering. Prolonged indecision or indecisiveness tendency may be due to an extreme fear of risk and responsibility. Life often challenges us to a choice between equally unpleasant alternatives. When we accept the challenge, whatever we do is bound to involve risk, rigor, and responsibility. If we run away from the challenge, probably we may lose the opportunity for growth."

"I should know exactly what I want, and I can't make any decision unless I do." He also may be saying, "I need proof immediately that I make the Right Decision, and that There Is Only One Right Decision. Since there cannot be a single right decision, it would be better for him to learn to accept and embrace the decision he makes, even if it turns out not to be a great one—because regretting decisions is a real happiness-killer. We tend to regret what we fail to do much more than what we actually do (even if we have minor regrets).

What do you think? What do you do when you just cant make a decision?