View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
TryingSoHard
I'm just a little unwell

Bam: Thank you for your words, sweetie (and the hugs!). He seemed ok with the meeting last week. His attitude was much more positive than I was expecting. He said he will go back this week (although he hasn't mentioned it again yet, but we've been really busy, too). I told him before he went, and people there also told him, that it's usually a good idea to go to 6 meetings before deciding if it's for you or not, and to try different groups. He said he will do both (ooooh, it just clicked that there was a Sunday meeting he said he was going to try and we both completely forgot about it). Anyway, I'll give him some time to see if he thinks this will help him or not. After that last fight, he seemed to accept the fact that maybe he CAN'T do this by himself after all. I wholeheartedly agree that I need therapy/counseling/whatever you want to call it... I'm just really not confident about my ability to find someone good for me. I suppose I should at least give it a shot, though. :ghug3 Thank you again.

Page: I hid my drinking from him (and everyone, really) and it was never ever discussed until I confessed to him that I had a problem and needed to quit. Once we had that discussion, I drank one time after that - and that was it. So at least he hasn't had to listen to years of broken promises... just a couple of years of lies, and then my drunken rampages where I'd (apparently) spend hours and hours telling him I wanted a divorce.
:wtf2 *sigh*

So, yeah. Fun stuff.