View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 04:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CoF1984

So tempted I could taste it...

I was so close to giving into temptation I could taste it. This evening has been a hard one for me, but so far I've made it through sober. I'm so glad for this site and the people here.

It's hard for me right now to live with two other grown adults (my mother who is on disability and my younger brother) that seem not to be able to either not care or are just, I don't know. It seems like I'm the only one who knows how to clean house, or set up the coffee pot for the morning, take out trash etc. I can understand my mother being limited in what she can and can't do because of her disability because of a very bad knee. But, my younger brother (whom I do love to death yet get agitated with at times.) could pitch in and help with a few things around the house so it doesn't feel like I'm the only person who does what seems like everything. Typically I wouldn't mind this and at other times it really agitates the living daylights out of me. This evening it bothered me so bad I was so tempted to go get a case of beer or something I could taste it, but this place has really helped me so much, so I was smart and talked myself out of it with the help of being here and being able to let it off my chest. Is there anyone else who has or has had a similar experience or is this just me? Thanks for letting me share. <3 you guys.
Wes