View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 12:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Heartandhome)))

I'm sorry you and your daughter are struggling so much.

I'm a recovering addict, and I've always preferred AA to NA meetings. It's a personal thing, but there were always many more AA meetings available, and more social things, like holiday parties and birthday dinners. I never discussed my drug use, I just mentioned "picking up" in general, and looked for the similarities in my behavior..there were plenty.

Who is going to watch her kids if she gets in rehab? The reason I'm asking, is Salvation Army has a rehab program, that I think is free. I don't know all the particulars, but I know of people who have gotten clean with their help.

The depression, when we A's (addicts) quit IS hard to get through, but we do get through. It's also hard when someone constantly belittles you. I'm glad she has YOU in her corner. I went a few weeks, where I was filled with guilt and shame, constantly put myself down. After that though, I got my backbone again, and when someone would put me down, it would make me angry and MORE determined to prove them wrong. I wasn't nasty about it, I just kept moving forward.

I wish I had better advice, but please continue to take care of YOU! I know your heart hurts for your daughter. When I've struggled, in my recovery, with consequences from using, my dad simply said "I'm sorry"...that meant the world to me. He couldn't fix it. However, I knew I was loved and he felt my pain. I didn't WANT him all stressed out over my stuff..that would just make me feel worse.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy